Thread: Glowtie
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 09:10 PM   #2
HyperBlue1SS

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Camaro 1SS
I bought a glowtie on the forums from smilespergallon and ended up making my own harness. I spliced into the passenger DRL and haven't had any problems.

Is the harness you mentioned meant for the 2019+ SS with the LED headlights? If so it may have been redesigned to work with the newer LED headlights instead of the HID's that our cars have and that might be the source of your problems.

I believe the harness is meant to daisy chain between the headlights and DRL lights. Is there anyway you could have plugged it in the opposite way? Having not used the factory harness I could be mistaken but it's worth a look!

Edit:

I reread your post. I believe it's meant to be installed on the passenger side! Also try plugging it into the side marker light and not the DRL.
1LE Replicas / Solo Axleback Exhaust/ Street Scene Front Splitter / Diode Dynamics Smoked LED Side Markers / OEM Smoked Tails & Third Brake Light / OEM Illuminated Door Sills / OEM ZL1 Side Skirts / OEM ZL1 Spoiler / OEM Black Badges / GM CAI / Soler Engineering TB/TC / Katzkin Leather / 20% Tint

Last edited by HyperBlue1SS; 03-13-2023 at 09:21 PM.
HyperBlue1SS is offline   Reply With Quote