View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 12:19 PM   #18
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCkO View Post
While I wait on allocation for my build, which I'm hoping to hear something soon, there is one thing I find myself thinking about a lot. THE ATTENTION!

I definitely know I'm going to have to learn to be light on the pedal. I live in one of those smaller speed trap towns, so I already know I won't be able to get away with pushing the speed as much as I do in my current DD.

The other thing I am worried about is the attention from other drivers. I have a 42 minute commute to work, which brings me into a larger city close to the Cleveland suburbs, so I will have a few who might want to take a trip to Mexico. Thing is, I have no interest in all that jazz. At 47, those days have long been in the rear view. Don't get me wrong, I want to experience the power and beauty of this car but I really have no interest in the race game. Guess I am just old enough that other things excite me these days. My question is, what have you guys done to tell people you aren't interested? Obviously not looking at them is a clear indicator but curious as to what others have done to tell people to scram. Just curious to hear other peoples stories, as I've never been an attention seeker, so I'm keenly aware that I'm buying the wrong car to blend in with everyone.
I uhh, ignore them?

Honestly the only attention I get is from the Dodge guys and/or BMW's, maybe the occasional AMG, Blue Ovals are a bunch of puzznissy's.

And given I'm in a winter state, we all know racing in winter is just down right stupid.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | LS MSD Plug Wire Set | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Retuned by: Justin L. | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote