Thread: LT1 cam choices
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2022, 09:07 AM   #7
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Just make sure you do your homework. The stock heads are not very forgiving in regard to poor valvetrain control. Some of the companies' cams that have been out on the market were causing valve bounce and tearing up the stock seats. They were blaming the factory heads as a result. There are some core shift issues with LT heads, but I always suspected that poor valve control was at play here.

The gen 5 LT platform is unfolding just like the LS1 did 20+ years ago and it seems silly because a lot of that development in cam technology can be applied here yet some companies have been selling cam shafts that produce valve events that cannot be properly controlled with basic valve train setups.

Companies like BTR have redesigned their cams based off of spintron testing to eliminate that issue. I have always been a fan of Cam motion and I now believe BTR is a good option. I have local shop close that seems to be having good success with BTR. However, I personally am a fan of lower lift cams for cars that will see a lot of mileage.

At the very least I would get a LT2 manifold(msd would be better), port the heads or if the Budget allows a set of PRC LTx. The CM Titan 1 would be a good option for you.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote