View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 02:19 PM   #23
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_blue_zl1_22 View Post
Sometimes I wish I had just gone this route. I'm sitting at over $8k in parts for my build already with another $3k+ to spend. No labor (doing the work myself). The car should make 800+ when finished. A 2650 Magnuson is just such a good cheap way to make power. I just really wanted cam chop though.
I've owned many many performance cars and always did the traditional routes of modding. The cheap stuff, just to get more sound or more whine or a small bump in HP. And having wasted countless amounts of money on buying parts, then having to remove those parts for more expensive parts or paying twice to have something done then done again to do what I should have did from the start, I decided to NOT do that with this ZL1.

The maggie is the end result for so many of us. But getting there is a multi $10k level spend that usually ends in a stack of parts we are selling for pennies on the dollar after the fact. I decided to just get the maggie first and then as I outgrow the fuel system, I would add what I need when I needed it and not skip out on anything if I was going to be in there at the same time. Meaning not doing heads if the heads have to come off to do a cam anyway and so on.

So here I am with the stock blower gone and sold, and full in with the maggie. Sure there are stock blower cars that can make more than 700 to the tire, but eventually thats going to end, or the heat they make limits them to a few pulls before they are losing 50-100hp to heat. The maggie is going to keep singing and keep being more efficient the more I push it.

I can always add the bigger TB/BG rotofab, headers, cam, ported heads and so on. But at least the maggie is on there and I got my monies worth from the stock blower. I feel $2400 for it with 3k miles on it was a screaming good sale price and good deal for the SS guy that bought it.

Recouping all the money with the savings of getting the parts on my own and choosing a shop that was half the price of the other big name shops, but just as capable was a very smart move. Sure I dont have a vengeance sticker or Katech sticker to put on my car as a badge of honor at car shows, but I do have a big stack of money though. And I can sure buy a lot of stickers with that...LOLOL
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote