View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 03:17 PM   #11
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Mine worked (even after the my free onstar trial expired) until I discovered the recent thread about Chevy/Onstar providing your driving history (hard acceleration, hard braking, high speed) to insurance companies without explicitly telling you that when you sign up. I called Onstar and told them I refuse to let them provide the info to 3rd parties, and they said they made the change to my account. Also told me per my request that I'd still be able to get ODB error codes sent to my phone and email.

Since these changes, the driving monitor app no longer works. We'll see if I continue to receive error code notifications.

This is an interesting tidbit here.

You mean to tell me that all those months I scored a zero because of track days or spirited driving isn't helping my insurance? You mean those 400 hard accelerations and 300 hard brakes and 100% time spent over 80 mph last month doesn't say I'm a safe driver? Lol. Full coverage on my 18 is around $650 for 6 months. Are you telling me it could be less than that if they didn't have this info?

I'm curious to read more, do you have a link you can enlighten me with?

��

Edit. 6 months later I switched to Hagerty. My rates are now $750 for 12 months.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M

Last edited by Val Walkinshaw; 06-22-2023 at 12:55 AM.
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote