View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 07:39 AM   #9
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
New rear bumper will be fine, but its not painted from the factory. They will need to send out the car to have it paint matched and blended into your deck lid and rear fenders. This is a nightmare scenario actually to expect they are going to make sure its done right. There is no way i'd allow this. I would take the car back and unravel the deal, or it would be lawsuit time. They are going to break into the factory clear coat in several places to blend in the clear on the new bumper. No way you should deal with that on a brand new car. I wont even let a dealer wash my new car let alone put on the tag. If there is a way to screw up the car, they will hone in on it and it will happen.
Um, I don’t know about that. Bumpers are sprayed off the body based on the the need for paint flex adder. I had my ZL1 bumper resprayed after discovering a small scratch from shipping. The bumper color was spot on when the work was complete. The color was actually a better match than the factory.

I had the same situation with an Infiniti, 100% perfect and got a couple bucks off the car.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote