View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 12:22 AM   #54
MX5Racer

Drives: 2022 LT1/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfutur View Post
Bose systems are known more for their sound image than huge bass. My '16 Malibu daily driver has the 9 speaker Bose system and it sounds great, with decent but not car-shaking bass.

I have the stock stereo in my Camaro and it sounds fine, though it does need to be turned up close to half volume to get decent bass...I only listen to my Spotify playlists on Apple Carplay while driving. The Bose system in the Camaro doesn't sound $800 better than the stock system and the extra inch of screen size that it comes with it is too tiny a change for the money GM wants for it.

In any case I have Borla Atak catbacks so I always shift the A8 manually for optimum engine and exhaust sound (3000+ rpm). That's the kind of music my Camaro does best.
I had Borla ATAK on my 2017 Mustang GT and it sure does snarl

As for the BOSE/Screen upgrade, I look at the 900 bucks this way: The better sound is easily worth 700 to me, and the bigger screen easily worth 200. If nothing else it just looks better with the shiny screen extending to the edges rather than being recessed in a flat black plastic frame. My Mustang had it even worse, not having the bigger screen my backup cam was literally business card size. Drove me nuts and irritated me every time I drove the car for 2 years. So divide that 900 clams out over how many times you will drive the car over how many years, and it sure seems like a bargain to me. If they'd offer a CD changer for another $900, I'd be all over it.

2022 Black Camaro LT1/RS, Dual Mode Exhaust, Power Sunroof, BOSE, Carbon Flash Alloys, RS pkg, Tint
Other Chevys: Tahoe Z71, Volt, Cheyenne Pickup, Prizm LSi
Plus several Mazdas and Toyotas, one Acura
MX5Racer is offline   Reply With Quote