View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 03:07 PM   #1014
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
I would actually be interested in hearing more about these springs, if/when you are able to share. I don't plan to run CAM-C at national events, but you never know. I do run it locally, so I've toyed with the idea of getting a set of 19x11/12 wheels and the DSC controller: things that could very quickly be removed for national events. But if I ever did go to CAM for real, I think it would be interesting to try a simple spring swap combined with the DSC controller.
For sure, I'll contact the spring mfg'er, I'm thinking Hyperco, and also see if DSC can offer some input if not write a basemap for them. The std DSC basemaps could also just be changed by a % based on the change in spring rate, and we could go from there. It's also likely ordering more springs makes the price cheaper, and there may be a minimum order, so I'll post up here and on FB if it's possible to get custom springs made.

Good to hear the OEM magride damping is nearly unlimited, I wasn't sure if that would limit the potential increase in spring rate.

The off-the-shelf spring options need to stay pretty close to OEM rates to avoid damping issues, but if we can adjust damping then we can adjust spring rates too. Ideally, I'm thinking of something in between SLE and ZLE rates, maybe slightly closer to ZLE. It would be a pretty large change overall but right now the car is a bit soft and overdamped in track mode. It is amazing how well it works, GM's damping is really good but compromised for a smooth ride.

I also wasn't super happy the Vorshlag camber plates lowered the front end a bit, there's no great way to correct for that, but new springs could.