View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 02:02 PM   #1012
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post
While i have a build in mind for my car to go to cam, I don't yet plan to do cam, not regularly though lol.

I do think futzing with a DSC controller would be fun and talking to Robert it would help, but id rather go with their whole coilover setup. Just a large expense right now and FS is, "cheaper" lol
Yeah, the whole DSC setup is around $8k, and definitely not required to have a competitive CAM car. I only have Hotchkis ft bar, ZLE rear bar, ZLE rear subframe bushings and it does quite well with a good driver at the wheel, lol. I've had a few really good drivers codrive with me and the car has done very well. Last race it got within a few tenths of a GT3 driven by a great driver, GT3 got 1st in PAX and FTD, my Camaro was 2nd, beating a few M2s along the way. I managed 11th out of about 90 drivers.

I think the DSC and a set of springs may make for some nice improvements for a more reasonable price. I picked up the V4 DSC used for $800. I also looked at removing the AFM lifters and adding a cam + flex fuel, it's about the same cost as a DSC coilover setup! That money is going into a GT4 fund, lol.

No way I'm spending big-$ for a CAM setup. If I wanted to I'd probably start with a CAM-T Mustang.