View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 12:55 PM   #1816
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoaching View Post
Totally get the different tires deal, but building the list off of that would make it super hard to compile and keep track of. (I just set a PB on the Toyo RRs this week, but it is still 1.6 sec of my 3R times, so no post)

@travislambert Can't wait to see your new builds!

Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
I suppose in my mind, the list is either based on the person on the car. If it's the car, then it makes sense to allow multiple listings with different tires because a tires is one of the biggest factors for lap times. In many cases, it's a bigger factor than the car itself, which is why allowing different vehilce trims but not different tires to have unique listings is strange.

Using my last post as an example, it seems odd to have a rule that precludes a 1:50 lap on supercar 3s from being posted yet a person could post a 2:30 lap which doesn't add much value to the list and that would be posted right away. There's just something off with that.

If the burden of list maintenance is the issue, then maybe limiting each track to the top 10 fast times or something would solve that. The lists would settle and maintenance wouldn't be a burden at all, yet the lists could still provide really good reference laps for someone looking to learn the track or possibly choose their next set of tires. If the same person can occupy all 10 spots with unique configurations, then so be it. Or if the list is meant to be based around the person, then make it one entry per person.

When my other cars get track ready, I'm pretty sure each car will occupy a spot at the top of the PittRace list. When that happens, I bet someone proposes a rule change to prevent that scenario too. That's my original point. It's either based on the person or the car. When you choose car, it gets complicated. Model and trim are not enough to make it meaningful. That's why every time trial organizer has complex car classing rules based on much more than model and trim.
I am mostly in agreement with Travis here. We should at least have 200TW+ street tire times and sub 200TW R compound times. Tires are absolutely the biggest mod for time improvement.

Provoste agreed with this approach, just look at his 2 Watkins Glen Times.
Hell that was same day same car different tires! There may be other cases of this too. You clearly just deleted Travis's previous SC3 time from the list.