View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 10:18 AM   #1
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Hankook's Don't Suck

Reluctantly I ran these at NJMP Thunderbolt yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. When I first threw them on the tires seemed unstable on the street even when changing lanes. It seems that they take a few miles, about 400 to run them in.

I ran cold pressures of 26psi yesterday at the track and clocked a 1:35.6. About 2 seconds off of my best ever lap on Goodyear Supercar 3R (1:33.x) and about 1 second slower than my average lap times on the Supercar 3R (1:34.x). Hot off the track they were around 32psi which seemed to be the sweet spot. I'll grab some pics today of how they look as far as wear is concerned.

The Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 have unique characteristics. The irony is that I feel that you need to be somewhat experienced to use these tires. They DON'T like mid-corner steering corrections. They will only tolerate smooth handling and throttle inputs. The tires are very communicative and they certainly 'Howl'. They vibrate over 60mph thru the steering wheel. I did 250 miles on track before my brake pads were ground down to the metal and I had to cut the day short. They provided consistent performance and honestly never felt like the went "off". For $1,200 or less depending on where you buy them I think they may actually be quite the bargain. I'll be adding videos to this thread for reference. I'm uploading a video now where I battled with an M2 Competition equipped with Apex wheels and race tires. It was a knockout dragout. hahahaha My top speed down the straight was about 4-6mph off my best at this track due to having to break a little earlier than usual to get it stopped. Given that my pads were worn I'm not sure I can attribute that solely to the tires if I'm being fair.

Would I buy these tires again, probably not if I'm being completely honest, but if you're looking for a tire on a budget I think I can actually recommend them.

NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote