View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 07:12 PM   #6
clyde

Drives: broken
At -1.9, you're probably not going to get much more camber without adding camber plates. Maybe a few more tenths, which would help, but not very much. Not sure how much room the non-1LE cars have, but if you put on wider wheels without changing the struts and/or adding camber plates, you may also run into some clearance issues.

Unfortunately, that's just the way the car is. You can't do a whole lot about it without changing/altering some parts and the front tires will not wear evenly. There are a few things you might be able to to mitigate and extend tire life, though.

The first thing is tire pressure. You want it high enough to keep it from rolling over the shoulder too much, but you don't them so high that the tires skate. IME, it's been better to start high and work down because going the other way risks starting too low and getting way too much wear than necessary too quickly. Talk to people running the same tire and size on similar cars. Listen to the ones that are quick and don't appear to overdrive. File what you hear from people that aren't very quick in an "additional thoughts" bucket.

You can flip a lot of tires on the rims so the insides become the outsides (like the RT660s), but some (like the PS4S) are meant to have inside and outside facing sides. And then some tires can be flipped, but they just aren't as good after flipping or may need an event or two before the "turn on" again. When should you flip? Dunno...The worst of the camber challenged cars I've run saw me flipping (or intending to) every other event. From the description you gave, I'd probably plan to flip sometime between 50-70 runs, but that's just a guess.

Also, if you overdrive and barrel into corners going too fast, try getting on the brakes a few feet earlier. Your front tires will wear more evenly and last longer.

Ultimately, even with the perfect pressures and zero overdriving, the outer edges are still going to wear faster. Flipping will help even the wear over time, or, at least, maximize the use you can get out of a pair of tires.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote