View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 11:23 PM   #32
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
I've had the same experience doing HPDE events with PCA. Lots of love for the ZLE. Although I've found most of the Porsches are running Cup 2s, Hoosier R7s or Pirelli slicks. I haven't seen many on GY 3Rs at the events I've driven.

This is me last year not doing anything impressive, just working my way through a green group pack lol. But the pic came out nice. Up the Esses at Watkins Glen.
Here in CA (ACS, Buttonwillow, WSIR) all the savvy and fast GT3/RS, McLaren, Corvette, GT350 guys have ditched the Cup 2s for 3Rs. Yes they still use Hoosiers and Pirelli slicks too, so do I :-) I was running Hoosier A7 in that pic above and got some good lap times.

If you haven't tried PSC2 on a ZL1, let me tell you from experience they truly suck. I don't know why, they're pretty good on Porsches and other cars, but on ZL1s they suck. You'll get better track performance and longevity with standard GY SC 3 (non-R), and much cheaper.

On my 18s I run Pirelli DH scrubs and get good lap times for 2-3 days, also treat them with Hot Lap softener to extend life for another weekend.

But after running new A7, I'm convinced that if I'm buying new I'll always go 3R over R7/A7 from now on.

Last edited by SFV1LE; 06-08-2022 at 12:16 AM.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote