View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 04:03 PM   #61
ZL1Atlanta

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Or you can admit that you made a mistake or misunderstood what I said and falsely made an accusation.

You said you responded to my "claim that the traditional cooling systems can't keep up". And there was nowhere I said that. So you were wrong. I did not make that claim. There is no arguing that and thru no twist or turn of the most dramatic imagination would anyone come to the conclusion you came to. You made a mistake. Grow up, accept it, and move on.

Nobody needs your recap. We all know what a chiller does. And the one area where you are correct is that a tank will not match or come close to matching a chiller without ice in it. So without ice in it the darn thing is useless. Unless you want hot water circulating thru your system on a 100+ degree day.

Regardless of what you claim you do at the track, we're talking about street DD use. And for street DD use, I can install my chiller and never ever have to look at it because it will do it's job independent of me. If I put an ice tank in my trunk, despite your false statements to the contrary, it WILL get hot, it WILL start to circulate hot water, it WILL increase your temps (which is the exact opposite of the entire reason it is installed in the first place), and it WILL result in a loss of performance over a chiller in DD street driving. Now if you want to argue physics and common sense then go right ahead. But while a chiller will lower your temps resulting in a performance increase, without lugging ice and dumping it into your tank, you will not have that same effect with a tank.

So no, I would not want to have to lug bags of ice out to my trunk for my 70+ mile commute home in North NJ traffic during the Summer months when I can have a chiller installed that will take care of everything without my interference.
Obviously there’s no arguing with guys who think horsepower numbers in their signature says anything about how the car performs. My 4.5 year track record with this car without your godly interchiller speaks for itself and will continue to do so.

Built by Vengeance Racing, tuned by Elite Tuned
ZL1Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote