View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 09:56 PM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8fanboy View Post
Hey guys, I see this forum has helped a lot of people in the past and would appreciate if I could get some help as well. Last month, I had decided to put my beautiful 2017 Camaro 2SS on sale. I was overseas last year for 3-4 months and decided to take off full coverage and leave the car just on liability to save some $$. After I came back, I of course forgot to undo that process. ( feel absolutely dumb about it)

Long story short, an uninsured driver ran a red light and totaled my car. His insurance took a month to figure out that the car he was driving was not on his policy. I have an attorney involved but things do not look bright at all, the at fault party himself contacted me today telling that Geico told him he does not have coverage for this accident.

If there is no coverage, I could lastly sue him which would be a long process, and even if I were to get the money, it would most likely be over a payment plan since the Actual Cash value of the vehicle at the same of the incident was roughly $37,000.

What can I do right now to get the maximum out of my totaled vehicle? It is a 2017 2SS Torch red over two tone adrenaline red and black interior with 52,000 miles roughly and clean title. I do not have the technical skills to part it out myself, neither do I trust a mechanic around me to do it. If I were to sell it as is, are there any companies out there that give you reasonable offers? Mechanically, the engine + transmission + everything else is great, just airbags have deployed + damage to the front body + radiator is most likely gone.
That was a VERY costly mistake... Education isn't free and unfortunately, you just payed for yours... I can guarantee you one thing, you will NEVER do that again...

Sorry for your loss...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote