View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 11:17 PM   #8533
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
I know this is a Camaro forum, but curious why you feel the ZL1 a10 is the better car specifically?

Other than maybe similar interior quality, being easier to drive around town (with the higher low-end torque and torque converter auto), and similar handling capability; I've found the GT500 to be clearly superior from every other aspect (especially WOT acceleration, braking, sound, DCT/trans characteristics, fun factor) with my experience between the two.
Its all subjective of course and to be clear, I'm actually more of a camaro/GM fan than a mustang fan. I will also say it takes several month to really get this car and all of it's the nuances. A little over a year of ownership and love it more than ever.
I can't speak for anyone else. So personally, the GT500 is going to have a steep hill to climb for me to think it is better than the ZL1. And sheer power alone might not be enough to do that.

I've had my ZL1 for 5 years now. So the novelty has worn off. But I can say that comparing it to my Hellcat, there has never been a time where I thought the HC was superior to the ZL1. Of course it is more practical and if I had to choose one or the other then the HC would be it. But I just think that the ZL1 is a much better car for sure.

The GT500 will be the next great thing for me. And same as the HC, I think the GT500 will be a better car as far as something to live with every day (roominess etc)...but I do not have my hopes up that it will wow me or give me that same feeling I had when I got my ZL1. I'll for sure see in a couple weeks and a couple days.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote