View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 11:25 AM   #157
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Complete respect to you and automotive knowledge but have to respectfully disagree that a POTUS or Congress has very little influence. An administration that is pushing green while stifling another industry can have tremendous snowball effects. Many also feel a weak administration can create problems globally that contributed to our current situation, but some don’t want to see any connection to that.

Just curious if you think Mary’s $40 million in 2020 is ok. I think GM vehicles are too much. They made lots of profit since we bailed them out. Can’t they cut vehicle prices. All the GM EV’s I want are over $100k.
That’s the long term effects I referred to. Years to impact as opposed to months. Pushing an agenda for more EVs in the 2030-ish timeframe is a strategic move. Raising gas prices on a Tuesday in 2022 is a tactical response. Chess vs checkers. It’s like responding to a Queen’s Gambit opening by jumping three pieces and yelling “Crown me”.

With regards to Mary’s compensation… not my swimlane, and not relevant to this thread, but in my opinion CEOs in general, including Mary, earn well beyond their value to the organizations they lead. That includes petroleum company CEOs. I guess that now makes it thread relevant.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote