View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 05:27 PM   #16
mRahmani

Drives: ‘23 SS 1LE
I've been looking into this while I wait for my car to get built. If you can handle some basic wiring, I think it's a pretty easy job.

Homelink consoles from the 16-18 cars are around $50 on eBay. The major difference is that the new console has the OnStar button where the Homelink used to be. If you don't care about Onstar, it should be pretty straightforward to disconnect those buttons and just swap the consoles over - the only thing you should need to add is a short harness to power the Homelink.

The Homelink connector is GM part #19300600. It's obnoxiously expensive ($40) but I suspect can be found much cheaper if you ask some junkyard sellers to cut it off for you. I attached an image of what it looks like. The pinout is:

1 - Battery +
2 - Backlight
3 - Not used
4 - Ground

Pretty simple. Those could be spliced into the connector for the sunroof or overhead light buttons.

EDIT: Looks like the ACDelco PT3025 might be the same connector. If so that's $12 on Amazon. So for ~$65 and a half hour of tinkering you should be able to retrofit a factory Homelink.
Attached Images

mRahmani is offline   Reply With Quote