View Single Post
Old 02-09-2022, 10:16 AM   #43
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
More injector will always supply more fuel if pressure remains constant.

No he has a C7Z and Zl1...Either way it shouldn't matter. Fueling a LT4 isn't any different then a LT1. They both work the same way.

Cut and dry no longer exists in this world...technology has complicated things to the point where it doesn't allow for that to be a thing.

These cars have added another level of complexity with the Mechanical fuel injection pump. Low side feeds high side, high side feeds injector. If more fuel is needed injector pulse widens to supply more fuel. If you get outside of injection window then bad things happen. Fuel pressure dropping will cause the injector pulse to widen as simulating that the engine wants more fuel but it actually doesn't. So you go to a bigger injector, if the pressures can sustain then you are golden. If the pressure drops, then you can try lowering rail pressure... if the injector pulse width's remain inside the injection window and pressure holds constant then you are golden. If the injector pulse width's are outside injection window then you either have to lower E content or find away to supply more fuel to the injectors. Depending on which pressure(s) are dropping you might need more high side and/or low side volume.

I am only referencing this because I have already stated once that the +30's and LPE pump will supply you with more fuel. You are second guessing my advice based on other independent companies that do not work together nor use their parts in unison. I am not saying I am right and they are wrong, but I have used both companies parts in unison. So hopefully the explanation above helps you understand things better. You might reach out to Brett Stewart @ Pray Performance and see what he says since he has used these parts as well. He is actual shop/tuner so perhaps that will help make your decision easier.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote