View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 02:19 PM   #8463
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99BEN View Post
What's best is of course subjective but have you actually driven a GT500 yet? I guess what I meant by "best" is the acceleration. I cant think of a new car with a factory warranty that's faster from a roll for around $100K, and the braking performance is even more impressive. The ZL1 did seem to little better and is lighter. The GT500/stang has the best visibility compared to the challenger and camaro. The DCT is amazing to operate as well but the factory set-up isn't optimal for 60 ft times, even on a tire. The HC/RE challenger, especially charger wins in low-end torque and practicality dept.
I bought the ZL1 without test driving unfortunately. I found the WOT experience very underwhelming and wanted to mod right away or sell it TBH.
I regretted trading my Hellcat in for it at the time. (BTW, no offense to the ZL1/owners, it is a great car, just not my cup of tea!)

The GT500 has amazed me from day one and continues to, to this day. I even love it more now than when bought it.
You may be overthinking but this is a huge purchase so I understand! Most owners are VERY satisfied. Check out the GT500 forums and you'll see what I mean.

That one LLBB with only a strut issue might be a great deal actually if that's truly all it was!

You seem to be a V8 man but have you considered the new M3 xdrive? They are fast with basic bolt-ons, like high 9sec ET at 140 mph...Much more practical and not too loud. They are just getting started with this platform. I think a nice option if you can get over the fugly front end

The only Bimmer I'd buy is the M5, M6, M8, or X6M. LOL!!

And ok from your POV about roll ons yea I will agree that for the price I do not think anything will beat a GT500 on a roll stock to stock. Maybe a Redeye can keep up with them.

I probably am overthinking it but like you said, this is a big purchase. I had no doubts when I bought my ZL1 and none when I got my HC. And I was all in on the GT500 until a fellow member of a FB page shared a link with me on the trans issues. It did not deter me completely. It kinda just made me take a step back and rethink things and see if I could do some more research.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote