View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 09:41 PM   #40
MeanGreen1LE

Drives: 17 krypton green 1le
Valley cover di pump preload

Valve lifter oil manifold install
Lifter install 106in/lbs remember lash cap if it applies to your build.
Install valley plate two passes 13mm bolts 11ft/lb then 22ft/lb

99 ensuring proper di lifter preload.
Using dial indicator find highest point on fuel lobe. Remove gasket and larger spring. See if the two bolts will tighten all the way down by hand. If you can your preload is not to high. Congrats.
Now find the lowest or base circle on fuel lob. I had to apply pressure to indicator because lifter would not fall consistently down through plastic holder. Now lay pump onto lifter. If you have space and it wobbles a tad you are golden and there is enough preload to keep it on the lobe at all times. If either one of these scenarios is not right you’re going to need a different lash cap. Hopefully like mine it does. Gpi sent the correct one. I laid pump aside again so I’m not turning against it constantly or luring wear on it.
100 tighten cam actuator bolt 48 lbs/ft +90 degrees remember to put new in if not already done.
Oil pump install. Lots of scary failures with oil pump. Hopefully you left alignment plates if you’re reusing I bought a katec blueprinted one. Lots of money but worth it to me for peace of mind. Torque sequence shown to 18ft lbs. remember to plug in variable pump connection in next step when putting cover back on. I did not take picture of cover to show where to put rtv. It’s basically 3mm except for around bottom ears. See torque sequence 18ftlbs. 2 longer bolts go in bottom.
Attached Images

MeanGreen1LE is offline   Reply With Quote