View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 10:20 AM   #3
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
Guys I am curious as to what cam was used in the highest HP stock block that you have personally seen??? What basically I am looking for is a naturally aspirated LT1 that makes between 580 and 600 RWHP.

I did a search but came up with nothing that really helps. I had a custom ground cam done that in THEORY should do that but what I am looking for is what someone has actually had personal experience in seeing that number in the REAL world LOL

I know LME and others had made as much as 800HP on a motor dyno with LT stroker motors but I an looking to do this 580-600 RWHP with a stock block. i already acquired some very good heads and am currently, running LT2 manifold, LT5 Throttle body, E85 and 2 inch KOOKS headers. Current power level is 475/480 HP/TQ with stock heads and cam.

THANKS
You will need to ditch the LT2 intake and LT5 throttle body if you have any hopes of reaching your goals. Are you M6 or automatic? Going to be easier M6 for your goal.Ported holley high ram, ported nick Williams 103mm throttle body with a Pray spec'd high ram cam or equivalent. A complete valvetrain to support it. Skip the cold air intakes, an over the radiator intake works best for max effort NA. Might need other little things like under drive pulley etc to get you there.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote