View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 10:04 PM   #1
JS208

Drives: 2012 camaro SS
Whipple start up help.

Just got done installing my whipple kit and everything appeared to be going well until I started it up today. As soon as I fired it up it was like it went wide open throttle. RPMs shot to the top and I immediately shut it off. Got out checked everything over again and everything is connected properly.

Started it up again and same thing. Immediately shut it down and contacted whipple. They stated that all they supply is a stock tune and since my car is modified (CAI and long tube with exhaust) I will need a custom tune. I knew this going into the install but wouldn't have thought that these few mods would make the car respond like this. Thought I would at least be able to drive it to my tuner.

Does this sound right to you guys or is there maybe a different issue going on other than the stock Whipple tune? Anybody else ever experience this wide open throttle issue after installing their whipple? Could a big enough vacuum leak cause the car to behave like this at start up? I checked and rechecked all my connections and hoses and everything seems solid unless it's leaking at the lower manifold port gaskets?

Any advice or help is appreciated.
Thanks.
JS208 is offline   Reply With Quote