View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 11:59 AM   #9
FlowTie

Drives: ZL1-1LE 6MT
I'm with OP on this one. Automakers need to stop it with all the nanny annoyances. I'm a grown man at least let me turn it off, I mean for the love of Pete these things are getting totally out of hand. I'd like to know of any time any American automaker was threatened with legal action because they sold a car that didn't crawl eight miles up...nevermind. I'm just saying it's a seat belt warning not a child in my blind spot, let me turn this crap off. Though furthermore, the collision detection in my daily has all the composure of Chicken Little. Never once has it actually proven itself useful, not once. Call me old school I guess, because I look around for people and obstacles when moving the vehicle.

FWIW you can buy unbelted male buckles to stick in the female seat belt latch, should retard the dinging. I use one in my daily because it also does the cute beeping trick with no ability to turn off, and a slew of other nonsense that exists solely to irritate me into textbook methods of operation and/or simple occupation. Just search for "seat belt alarm stopper" or something of the like. That said, in performance cars or anytime I am driving anyone else in anything I always wear my seat belt.
FlowTie is offline   Reply With Quote