Thread: airbag light
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 11:05 AM   #11
rcoe

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam765 View Post
Just want to add some further clarification if you're still looking into this issue.

B0016 (symptom byte 0D for high resistance) will trigger when more than 4.2 ohms is measured. My recommendation is to confirm this symptom byte first.
- Bytes 02 or 0E very often indicate a CPA connector that is improperly seated and causing the shorting bars inside the connector to short the control circuits together.
- Bytes 04 or 0D often indicate terminal fretting or connectors that are not seated correctly, but not interfering with the shorting bars.

In either case, it may be a good idea to check the connector for the roof rail airbag. Look for a condition like this one below, where the connector is not fully seated (in this case, this is for a seat belt retractor. Same CPA connector style for roof rail airbags though). Unfortunately, these are a little tricky to get to as the connector is very rearward in the vehicle. You'll need to remove the A, B, and C-pillar trims, possibly the sun visor too, so you can lower the headliner just enough on the left side so you can see the connector.

Attachment 1082363

This is the route I need to go as I think it might be in the connector as well, just sucks to need to pull all that down was hoping the connector might be behind the b pillar or someplace easier to get at.

This might end up being a winter project if I am going to need to pull the whole headliner down.
rcoe is offline   Reply With Quote