View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 07:16 AM   #5
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Shouldn't it be setup similar to a Auxiliary system? The Fore system doesn't turn on until a preset boost level right? If so I would think you would just have it come on @ 2-4psi and ramp right to 80+ psi and make sure your max pressure desired table is set a little higher then the pressure you want to run that way it doesn't try to throttle down the main pump. Idle or part throttle I wouldn't run more then 50psi.
So the main pump (a 274) is controlled by the FSCM (via Fore FC3 controller which manages all 3 pumps). Then the other two pumps (pair of 285s) come on at 4-5 pounds of boost. It still uses the factory low pressure fuel system sensor. Pretty straightforward there.

My questions really center around the return regulator. I’ve got that set around 70 +/- right now and commanding 72 psi. I’d really prefer to run ~50 around town and 80+ at WOT. If I leave the regulator where it is, can I run the system at 50 psi around town? That would essentially be returnless again, since the regulator will be closed? And if I command 80+, is it just going to bleed off anything over 70, and therefore be a waste of time? Should I just crank up the regulator to the max pressure?

Good news here is the fuel goes directly to the LPE BB HPFP first, then on to the regulator, so perhaps commanding higher settings than the regulator would be ok? I was hoping someone had experience, as the return setup makes it different than a typical aux setup. The other good news is I’m having zero issues at WOT, but want to dial up the pressure to help the HPFP.