View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 12:15 PM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone5 View Post
Howdy all. I have a new 2021 ZL1 with a headliner that thumps with the window down at speeds above 40 MPH. I searched "headliner" and the threads all mentioned headliners that droop in the front or the back. That's not my issue.

My issue is that the headliner edges are snug and tight, but the center section of the headliner is not attached to the roof. Maybe it's supposed to be like that, I don't know, but I can't drive with the driver's window down above 40 MPH without the headliner banging up against the roof and vibrating, making a thumping sound.

I know there's some aerodynamic (parasitic and induced) drag created by the open window, resulting in high and low pressure areas around the window opening and in the cockpit. And it's quite a bit of force. But the fact that I can push on the headliner and feel the 1/2" or so of dead air above the headliner and below the roof led me to suspect that it may not be adequately attached to the roof. Is that normal? Thanks...
Something is wrong, I drive with my windows open pretty much constantly and never had this issue...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote