View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 06:20 PM   #29
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo-1LE View Post
Let me add, the Rallye 3 has ASM, which to my understanding acts like a factory system, the inside belt has a section which allows the pelvis to move in an accident. Recommend you look it up for specific details. Again, research and make calls. As I stated I had 3 calls with the vendors before I moved forward. I'm a bit overboard on safety, as I have 3 Simpson Hybrid's, one for me and two others (different sizes) for anyone who rides, along with 3 different suits. To my understanding per input from doctors, after the helmet, the Hybrid is most critical, its just too bad they cost so much.
Timbo,

So, I haven't purchased the belt yet because here's another observation I just made...

The recaros are great seats overall. However, the headrest tilts forward. In street driving, this isn't a problem. On the track, I normally recline the seat a little more so that my helmet isn't constantly bumping into the headrest. That said, I just sat in my car, helmet on and pressed my shoulders against the seat trying to recreate what would occur with the harness. I gotta say, I didn't love how my helmet made contact with the headrest forcing my head to tilt forward.

Do you have that experience or if not, how do you counter it?
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote