View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 07:00 PM   #5
clyde

Drives: broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito View Post
My problems are outlined in an old woe is me post. Goddam I love the car, and I hate that the hard pedal has been such an issue. Sounds like the same advice applies. Wish it was just my poor driving, but it also happens to good drivers. I was hoping that GM or someone would have come up with an easy fix besides buying a ZLE or getting a newer one where the problem is mitigated but not really fixed. Thanks for the replies.
It really seems to be all about brake application. If you initially stab the brakes while the car is unsettled, it's probably going to happen a lot. If you initially press the brakes while the car is unsettled it probably won't happen too often.

My codrvier got it frequently in the 2017 turbo and I almost never got it. Looking at our data traces in a few different cars, there's always a slight rounding at initial application in my traces where his are more more of a straight line. The difference is just barely enough to see in a trace, but not enough to see in video or make a measurable difference in how quickly the car slows.

In the 2020 SS 1LE we've done a couple events in, my codriver hasn't experienced hard pedal once (I don't think).
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote