Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Pretty sure he wasn't "taken".

OMG not this again.

Covered it so many times.

GM made a great Camaro, the best ever IMO. But to do that they accepted too many compromises that the other cars in the segment didn't. Trunk space, rear seat room (GM admitted this at launch) and of course the biggest the slammed roof, high belt line styling (read that as poor visibility). You cannot advertise your way to sales on vehicle which was designed and engineered for a very specific customer.

Best analogy is GM made the very best Left Handed catchers mitt. But you are saying if they advertised on TV, Right Handed players would most certainly buy it. If they only knew. GM knows this and it's why they don't advertise. It's already a very limited market and their car was designed to appeal to Camaro enthusiasts, not "sporty coupe" buyers, let alone the general public. And internally, GM knows this as well.

Sorry, but that is the reality that no one wants to see. If GM could make more money with a simple TV commercial it would have been done. Simple as that.

And lastly.....Ford doesn't advertise the Mustang and it is the segment leader, although the last data I saw showed the Challenger still gaining.
I love that analogy! I’ll probably steal it.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote