Thread: $37,454
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 04:59 PM   #113
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
As been stated several times now, the entire market is going up. It isn't a Camaro thing. It is every car on the market. We're just talking about the Camaro itself. So regardless of previous sales, if the market goes up then the Camaro will go up along with it. Along with the fact that competitor pricing WILL affect Camaro pricing regardless of sales. Look around dude. Prices are already going up. On the used market the ZL1 is already selling for almost $10K more than what they were listed at a year ago.

Everything is going up. Food too. Look how much meat costs at the store. When I dine out I'm noticing prices have increased as well! Just in the last week I've noticed 3 differnt places I dined at upped their prices!

It seems every 5 years cars make a big jump in prices.

It boggles my mind how much some of these pickup trucks cost now.

Correct about cars. Like take cars in 1969. Adjust them to todays inflation numbers and even then they will be A LOT cheaper overall back then than they're today.

You also must factor in the tech stuff in these cars too now. Blind spot monitor, backup cameras, infotainment systems, collision warning sensors, wifi supported, etc.

Equal all these things into a car and you have a higher priced car.

I know many of us car people on here don't want all that trash on our cars. Many of us just want a base model with AC, and an auto tranny if desired. Not all this other stuff.

Some of these things are government mandates on cars like back up camera.

So how does wages keep up? Sure SOME places are bumping up pay, but not enough to keep up with these inflation.

Regular 87 gas has drastically went up in price down here 4 days ago. Our gas went up a lot more for 93.

If 87 goes up another dollar, ours will be almost $5 a gallon here in Florida, more in California. you will probably be seeing more people unloading their Mustangs and Camaros if gas goes way up! That isn't good for the Camaro.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote