View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 06:02 PM   #10
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtColumbo View Post
I'm in SoCal. I do as much of the routine maintenance as I can by myself.

I have had to take my car to a dealership on ONE occasion so far. It was not a good experience. They gave me a hard time when I told them I did not want them to use an impact wrench on the lug nuts. They scoffed and told me it was "industry standard" to use one. I asked them to show me where in the factory service manual it says to use an impact wrench!

They damaged my car and ONSTAR ratted out an employee for hotrodding the car around town! I complained to the manager and that employee was supposedly fired. On my way home, 25 miles away from the dealer, I got a phone call from them telling me that THEY HAD MY KEY and to not shut the car off!!

For warranty work, there is no other option other than going to a dealer. I did not see any threads on local dealership experiences. I'm thinking about the TSB for the A8. No symptoms...yet, but was wondering about doing it "preemptive."

I've worked at dealerships before. There is usually quite a turnover with mechanics. If you find a mechanic you like, GO WHEREVER THAT GUY GOES! You need to develop a relationship. The next time you go there, he may be gone.

Any recommendations in the San Fernando, Simi Valley areas...or even a bit further out??

You saw my tire rotation thread, right? How they f*cked that up. I clearly told them the SS is stagger set up with the larger tires on the rear and can't be rotated like a typical tire rotation. What did the idiots do? They put the 245s on the front! The techs and manager at Wal-Mart couldn't believe it but when I told them what Chevy dealer they told me stay away from there.

I'd rather just go to a regular shop and pay out of pocket to have the tranny fluid flushed and replaced rather than trusting GM mechanics.

My 2016SS is obviously out of warranty so GM is never touching it again.

years back had an issue with the Huyndia dealer. They didn't screw the oil filter on tight enough and as soon as I left the lot oil leaked all over.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote