View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 06:41 PM   #23
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave777 View Post
CSP had a video last year of problems with Kooks green cats. Kooks refused to replace and they were not that old.
Yep, this was my second set. First set passenger side failed badly. Got them warrantied, put on end of March and you see they starting to fail again. Granted it’s nowhere near as bad as first set, but both cats have areas where you can easily see the metal pushed away and flattened.

Granted this is a street car too, I don’t race it. But I have a heavy foot.

Kooks however did confirm it’s 425hp per bank (I’m over that) and Alex at csp said to keep an eye on them.

In any case I took them off today, put off road connection pipes on and logged to send to CSP just to see if time needs to be changed.

It’s louder and stinks like gas.. but o well.

This one is the better of the 2, you can see it starting to bend/give.
Attached Images

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote