View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 05:52 PM   #54
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Back in high school I did a summer class at the local vo-tech: Auto Mechanics. Talked with the instructor and asked him about where their program graduates go. His top two "A+" students went to work for the local Porsche and Mercedes dealer and were taking home $40/hr back in the mid 80s. He did say nearly all his students who stay in the industry after graduation end up with work at local dealerships. So it's not hard to do the math on where the C and D students end up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
plant city is too far to come for service.stingray chevy does great work.
I heard a couple good things about Sunset in Sarasota from local Corvette owners. Took The Mistress to meet the service manager back in 2017. He seemed nice enough. Showed me the bay where his "senior performance tech" worked, the only one certified for Corvettes and Camaros he said. They had a 5th gen in for HVAC work in that tech's bay. Now I know that is a major PITA of a job. Tech was done with the teardown and gone for the day, but had left the dash on the roof and misc. trim parts on the trunk. Nothing between the parts and the paint anywhere.

I haven't been back.

If I have a big ticket warranty issue, I'll have it flat-bedded out to Stingray in Plant City.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote