View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 09:54 AM   #9
MBSS1LE

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by STReddy1999 View Post
I'm sure this has been talked about before but I couldn't find a thread with Mach 1 in the title besides one where the author was asking if the Mach 1 will be a hybrid. The configurator for the Mach 1 has been on Ford's website for a little bit now so I decided to compare the SS 1LE with the Mach 1 in terms of options and pricing. My goal was to build two cars that had similar features and see what the price difference was.

2021 Camaro SS: $50,295
-2SS Coupe
-6-speed Manual
-1LE Track Performance Package
-PDR

2021 Mustang Mach 1: $59,010
-Mach 1 Premium
-6-speed Manual
-Mach 1 Handling Package

Important to note is the Mach 1 Handling Package is $3,500. I felt that was necessary because the stock tires are 275 rear and 255 front, this package gives it 315 rear and 305 front. I felt that was fair, but if you don't think so just take $3,500 off the Mach 1. Doesn't matter anyways, though, because the Mach 1 is $8,715 more. So for the price comparison, I think the Camaro wins handily.

Price comparison out of the way, the features for both cars are relatively identical. I put the PDR on the Camaro just because (the price difference is $10,015 if I remove it), I don't see anything in the Mach 1's description to suggest it has such a feature except it says it has "Track Apps". I haven't seen a direct comparison between the two yet, but I'd imagine the Mach 1 will have slightly better max lateral G because of the increased track width front and rear and the Cup 2 tires. Ultimately, I think the Mach 1 still loses around a track to the SS 1LE because of the weight, and the chassis it sits on is inferior to the Alpha. Thoughts?
Absolutely the Handling Package is a must on the Mach 1 if you are going to do a direct comparison to a 1LE-equipped SS. Even if the overall performance is similar, the Camaro is still going to the the better value. I don't think anyone can argue that. Too many people see the Mach 1 as a GT350 replacement rather than a successor to the 2012-2013 Boss 302. Basically, an upgraded Mustang GT.
MBSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote