View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 08:52 AM   #13
breakskeet
Kevin

Drives: 2018 Callaway Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls_Camaro View Post
Interesting I rarely hear of the Toyos letting anyone down. But everyone has there preferences for which tire seemed to personally hook better for them. Bob down the street could have luck hooking better with the R888Rs while Tommy next door seems to hook better with a MT or a Nitto. It's almost like supplements in a sense that everyone's body chemistry is different and what supplement works for one person may not work for the other person. Maybe not the best analogy but you get what I'm saying. I think it's a matter of seeing how the Toyos work for my car and if not then try something else. But if the Toyos really hook good well then I guess don't fix it if it's not broken.
Maybe so, but I have had two professional race car drivers drive my car. One drove for team Corvette at Daytona and Le Mans and the other is a current Xfinity series NASCAR driver. Both have commented on how lousy the grip from the 888Rs was. One of them basically sat me down and insisted that I go back to the 3Rs. Glad I listened to him.
breakskeet is offline   Reply With Quote