View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 10:11 PM   #99
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I have used Manley's in the past and the advertised length was spot on with my Digital Caliper. Either way measure the pushrod you order with the digital caliper to make sure it lines up with your measurents taken and everything should be fine. It's what I have done in the past with no issues. Some companies will allow you to swap out pushrods to a different length if they haven't been installed and ran.
I have the TSP 7.8in which I measured with the calipers at 7.796.

I am with you 100%, I already invested in a degree wheel with mounts and a dial gauge, another dial gauge with a magnetic mount, soft springs to help check PTV and hold the valves, and some other stuff.

I also sent a message to cam motion and filled out one of their cam recommendation forms.

I am in the process of using dynomation and running some scenario engines. I've been using the iterator function on there that basically brute forces a cam profile and iterates until it finds the largest integral horsepower or torque area through a predefined RPM range.

So far I found that it keeps selecting very high duration cams with massive amounts of overlap (like 30-40 degrees+), even when you try to optimize in say the 2500-6500rpm range and not pushing it like (4500-7000, which would be more of a optimal scenario).

I am missing the intake and exhaust port minimum cross section, I estimated the max cross section from pulling the intake manifold and using the specs I got from the C7 and C8 Corvette power point publications.

Since I have the heads off I am going to try to take one into the QA department at work and maybe I can set it up on the CMM, hopefully we will have a probe to curve around into the ports. I tried using snap gages and they are extremely difficult to use.

While I am on the topic, I want to narrow the range of cams when simulating by taking out the rougher idling stuff. Does anyone have a intake closing or exhaust opening degree number where lope starts happening? I know its more the relationship between the intake and exhaust, but I can only input the 4 individual valve events.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote