View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 11:19 AM   #1
Jiyuu
Jiyuu

Drives: Camaro LT 2016
BCM / Tail light issues

Joined forum looking for some technical help with my 2016 LT.

2016 LT. Changed out tail lamps with LED lamps. I am aware that I will need to install the resistors or harness/with resistor.

My current issues are: (1) The driver side signal does not work at the tail light. The blinker on the console works 3 times normal speed then hyper flashes with matching blinker sound. The passenger side blinker does work with the same 3 blink hyper flash.

(2) The running light on the passenger side tail light does not work. The driver side running light does work.

I have confirmed the ground from each plug is good (pins 4 and 6).
I have also confirmed continuity from the plug to the BCM. Driver turn signal (plug pin 1. BCM X5-1) and passenger side running light (plug pin 5. BCM X5 -7)

Driver side blinker at plug pin #1 no voltage with blinker on. (Console blinker and sound on with hyper flash as mentioned above). Passenger side running light at plug pin #5 no voltage with light switch on.
I swapped the driver side and passenger side tail lamp assemblies and same problem above exists (so not a tail lamp assembly problem).

Also disconnected the battery over night to reset BCM. Problem still present.

I would think that installing the resistors or harness/with resistor will not resolve the left blinker or right running light not working? That leaves the BCM as bad or does anyone have any other potential items I may need to troubleshoot?
Thanks for any assistance!
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote