View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 12:55 PM   #11
Kevin01Z28

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
No worries. Your conclusion seems to be sound, of those cars that saw the shudder return, typically after a long time the owners had put up with the shudder initially, a new torque converter fixed it permanently for every single one whose owner cared to post here. Getting the transmission tuned by a pro also helps, it has a lot of potential left on the table.

My A8 is obviously just one data point, but I got it flushed preemptively, then took the car to Jannetty for a little upgrade that included a trans tune, and it's absolutely flawless, zero problems, works the way it should for everyone off the showroom floor.

It obviously sucks that we have to deal with this BS, but I like to look ahead and go with the solution. Trading for a 2020 or 2021 would not be an option for me anyway, first of all I love this car, and second, I am simply unable to accept the Accord-Charger love child 2019+ front and the swimming goggles rear end (but let's not discuss that, it's been beaten to death ).
Guess I will know more tomorrow after this is all done. My future mod list included a Circle D converter, but I planned on waiting until the warranty has expired. As far as tuning goes I feel like with some research on the forums I should be able to make improvements to the trans tune on my own (considering my car is stock). I'm assuming things like line pressure and torque management aren't altered with stock or near stock vehicles.

I see that tuning the TCM requires an unlock service. Can the TCM/ECM both be read/re-flashed through the OBD port at the same time? Or are they separate files saved in hptuners? I realize I'm off the original topic, but I'm trying to clear some things up.

And to add to all this, ECM = 4 credits, TCM = 4 credits, unlock service = $200.00 (think I have 2 credits left maybe).
I'm starting to miss my LS1 now lol
2002 Heritage Softail Classic 1.5 inch lower progressive rear springs/monotube fronts, 13" apes, 21" front mammoth spoked wheel, SE 10.5 cr heads, SE 264 cams, Mikuni HSR 42 flatslide carb, V&H pipes
Kevin01Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote