View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 03:21 PM   #6
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Can't find a way to limit the acceleration in the Infotainment Manual, but there is a report card system that tells you how many times they used WOT or close to WOT.

So yeah, they can still floor it, if they are willing to deal with your wrath and being grounded afterward when you inevitably find out about it.

And I have to agree with SirJangle there. The best idea is to give them something that's still fun enough to drive so they don't get distracted, but not enough power to do real damage. Something like a Civic Si or BRZ would be good.

I actually have a friend who got an Ecoboost Mustang as his first car, and he got so many speeding tickets with it that he lost his license twice and while he got his Novice license before me, he can only apply for a full license later this year while I have had my full license for a couple of years now, LOL. Dodged a bullet back then with my Accord Coupe V6. Still a decently powerful car for a first car but it's low key enough to not gather too much attention, which, what do you know, teenagers and young adults love.
All I know is when I think back to some of the "stupid" stuff I did as a teenager, I wonder how I'm still here. And, my parents were great parents. But, being young and dumb is still being young and dumb.

I had Mazda RX-8 when my son got his temps. Not a very powerful car but still could get you into some trouble. He was so pissed when I traded it in on a Honda Civic sedan. When I was confident enough in his driving, I got him a used Hyundai Elantra and got myself something sporty again. He got over it and I felt better that he was "safer". He's 25 now and has his own son. I keep teasing him that I'm going to give my grandson the Camaro SS when he gets old enough. He's like, "Like hell you are!". And, the cycle goes on...
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote