View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 07:52 AM   #185
bjbonentte

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
it was difficult to read, a bunch of mumbo jumbo and poorly displayed numbers. i don't recall seeing anything mentioned about the piston or connecting rod. nor the camshaft lsa. +4* i / +18* e with the exhaust lift going to .550, one can only assume this is at 50 thou, as it is not listed. nothing about valve springs or rocker arms, we must presume the same as LT1 since the main blurb about the heads simply says everything was carried over from the LT1. no mention of camshaft timing, just says the phasing was carried over from the LT1. no throttle body size or pictures of the air intake setup. no maf diameter.

the article is informative, but little of the information is useful for direct comparison of the engines regarding power. doesn't list primary diameter or length, nor does it mention collector diameter, or the exhaust diameter at all from what i recall.

I just don't think the work involved to swap the cam is worth putting a stock spec cam in. Might as well get an aftermarket cam. If you are worried about having to do valve springs look at the hotcam.
bjbonentte is offline   Reply With Quote