Thread: Camaro newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 11:46 PM   #1
Mike Pfeifer

Drives: Mini Clubman S
Camaro newbie

Hey, so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I’m from the Chicago area- Joliet, IL specifically. I do not have a Camaro and have never had one. But I am shopping for a new car and the Camaro is on my short list, which consists of Camaro and Mustang variants only.

I am a service master tech and shop foreman at a local BMW dealer, just clocked my 21st year doing that. My last few cars have been ones I have had to settle for due to “reasons”. Currently I am driving a Mini Cooper Clubman S. I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would, but - it was cheap due to the employee lease deals. My lease on that is ending December 2021 and my wife and I have decided that I deserve to get a car I want this time and we can finally make it happen financially- she knows I have been talking about a car like the Mustang and Camaro since we met 15 years ago. So the journey begins.

I intend to ask A LOT of questions about the Camaro, as I admittedly know almost nothing about them. I know a lot about BMWs and some about the most modern MINIs as they share a lot with BMW. MINI is made by BMW in case you were not aware. It’s a good way to get some of the BMW tech at a better price if that’s what you want.

I have built probably hundreds of these cars on the online configurators, but those leave a lot to be desired. Also, I have noticed some of the things I would likely want in a build are not common on cars on dealer lots, so the chance to check some of it out in person is very limited. As a person who works at a dealer, I know talking to a sales person for info is probably a waste of time, especially on the lower take rate options as they don’t invest the time to learn the product like an enthusiast would. Many sales people have bounced around from manufacturer to manufacturer.

So I look forward to learning quite a bit (I’ll be doing this on the Mustang forum, too) and I hope I don’t make too many of you roll your eyes at some of my sure to be weirdly detailed questions!

- Mike
Mike Pfeifer is offline   Reply With Quote