View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 08:52 AM   #27
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Thumbs up

• OK, I received my CPLAY2air wireless CarPlay adapter.
  • I've been playing with it for about 1 week now.
  • The box and instructions looked professional.
  • Installation didn't go exactly "plug and play" or like the manual. The online firmware update was fine - no update needed. However, to get the thing to connect required trying to connect to the WiFi network of the device - it requested a password which I could not supply - but it connected after that.
  • Once connected, CPLAY2air works fine and stays connected.
  • However, my current issue is that it does not reliably auto-connect when I return to my car in the morning.
  • What I've found works is that, after it does not connect, if I unplug the CPLAY2air from the USB, then reconnect, on power up, it connects to my iPhone 12 correctly.
  • However, I am always running the next beta of iOS on my iPhone, and at least 1 time, I needed to reboot my phone to connect, I'll continue to experiment on how to reliably get an auto connect each time.
  • $130 for CPLAY2air is highly recommended - certainly over an $800 2019 head unit retrofit.
  • BTW, although the Camaro Nav app looks better - wider screen (?), sharper, more detail seemingly - the Apple Nav app works GREAT - interface simple, turning voice instructions on/off was simple, choosing an alternate root was easy, ending a route was right there, clicking between apps is simple (music, podcast, etc.). Having wireless Car Play makes this super simple to use. AND all of the Camaro apps are still there if you want to change your exhaust sound, for example.
  • Now that my iPhone 12 fits in the wireless charge pad, Car Play is my go to nav/music/podcast app.
  • I welcome any questions, comments, suggestions.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=554812&page=3

https://cplay2air.com/
Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote