View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 11:12 AM   #15
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Is your brother CamOnlyJarboni on the Corvette forum?
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
Don't mean to hijack, but since injector pulse width was mentioned. Mine was always 5.x, but now that the fuel system is all LT4 stuff, the datalogs show 3.8-3.9 at WOT. what does this mean? Am I leaving HP on the table?

Thanks
You are running meth for additional fueling. This discussion is based around those wanting to use DI only for fueling. Sounds like you have plenty of fuel to make more power either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
King LT1, your low side needs more work to take full advantage of the LPE Pump and 30% injectors... Here is an emails from LPE addressing fuel for the big bore pump.

you need a return style no ZR1 pump, dsx, SKG will feed over 80 psi, I asked Dave Steck about that but it will never happen.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 8/14/19 7:29 AM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: RE: few questions?

Jack needs more low side. For that kind of boost level on E85 he needs MINIMUM 85psi….. recommended 100+
His high side system has zero issues.

The rails remain the same and we have tried a few different options with the check valve. But we normally run a hi flow check valve in there. Our low side is a ˝ feed stainless line with the factory feed line as the return.

This is what Christian said back after he could review your log file.
I am well aware hence I said he is going to swap the ZR1 pump. The main point of this post was to show that we were able to bump E content up 22% from the LT4 injectors and still squeak by on the factory low side with JMS.

I don't believe we need 85 psi low side to do what we need. This setup will run fine all day at E60 and it's not a big deal if it won't run full pump E without mixing. E60 provides 90% of the gains anyway. Either way The low side tapering off at the top of the gear isn't that big of deal since the high side holds even though I would like to see low side hold 70psi all the way through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choda View Post
At what point do you upgrade from the factory lt4 High side to the FIC +30 Injectors and/or LPE HPFP?

The injector pulse width getting up toward 6.0 ms and/or rail pressure drop? Im guessing both are related and impact each other. Teach me guys.

Min of 85psi low side... wow
When your high side is dropping a large amount and your injectors are climbing above 6.2ms....opinions may vary.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA

Last edited by KingLT1; 09-28-2020 at 11:29 AM.
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote