View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 08:48 AM   #16
Ssvertlife

Drives: 2017 Silver SS Convertible
Mine was in the shop for a week. They fixed it. So far so good. They said they had to realignment the top and replace the switch(fwd & backwards button on the ceiling) that makes the top recline. Mine had got stuck in the close position and wouldn’t lock into the closed position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssofla View Post
So I will be taking my 2020 SS in for the same error, manual operation only, for the third time in 3 months. The dealer tells me it is happening because I put too much in the trunk. Seems like a lame excuse for at least 2 reasons: 1) I don't put much in the trunk, mainly my tennis bag and groceries couple times a week, and 2) it shouldn't matter. Its a daily driver, granted a somewhat beastly one, and have to be able to use the trunk. I treat the car very gently, including when I I have to use the trunk.

I've checked all the connections listed in the threads I've read and everything looks fine.
So, does anyone know which of the parts may be faulty and causing the error code? Is it possible to get a scanner and clear them myself?
For a bit of background, I bought it used 4 months ago. It is certified but it was a rental car, so I don't know what could may have happened to it before I got it.
Any ideas?
Ssvertlife is offline   Reply With Quote