View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 11:04 AM   #31
Padge23

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE, Riverside Blue
In answer to your questions Track Club - I don't have the new kit or pads in hand yet and the pad size comparison is a little difficult give the shapes, but I think it is safe to say that the pads for the AP kit have a little less surface area than the stockers, maybe 10% or so. I would expect, therefore, they will wear a little faster and eat into my pad savings assumption amount.

Also, it looks like HP street pads for the AP kit from the normal manufacturers can be obtained for around $300 and race pads average around $350 (Ferodo's are more expensive), so very comparable to the price of pads for the stock Brembos, but with roughly 50% more pad material thickness (and 10% less surface area).
PDR, CAI intake, Kooks headers & exhaust, AP Racing front big brake kit, DSC Sport RT coil-over kit & suspension controller, G-Force driveshaft, Braile battery, Anderson Composites deck lid, CMS Roll Bar, Schroth ASM Harnesses, BMR rear cradle lock out, ZL1 front lower control arms, SLP rear toe rods, ACS ZL1 Side Skirts, Apex 19x11" wheels.
Padge23 is offline   Reply With Quote