View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 07:11 AM   #33
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
I don't know what the hell is up with those codes. I did a couple of pulls on e60, got the codes of course, but the low side stayed between 65 & 75 psi all the way to 156mph in 5th gear. When I tabbed thru the log, I did see the low side drop into the high 50's for a split second before bouncing back.
Ted thinks I may have a bad connection at the pump, form or JMS. He said not to worry about it as long as the pressures are good. I'm not usually one to disagree with Ted, but there are too many of us with the same issue and it seems unlikely to me that we all have wiring problems.
I did not say it was a wiring issue, I alluded to a few possibilities including, wiring, a weak pump, and uncovering the pick up.

As the E content goes up the issue is more prevalent, which lends to all of the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Agreed. The shop I use makes OEM level harnesses all the time (they did comedian Kevin Hart’s Corvette) and the wiring he did on my JMS was very nicely done. All weathertite packard connectors, so that coupled with your comment about how many people this is happening to, makes me agree that it’s not likely a wiring problem.

I notice in the FSCM tune that the DTC P0231 code is activated after the “first error”, where most of the other fuel system voltage codes are either after the “second error” or “no error reported” at all. I’m thinking about trying to set it for after the “second error” and see if that helps. If Ted is correct about really just watching the fuel pressure, then I may just put it to “no error reported” and be done with it... It’s kind of unnerving when you’re on a run with nearly 800 WHP and a CEL comes on in the middle of the run...
His code is set to not reported but still reports not sure why.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote