View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 05:48 PM   #9
Dan82679

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Question maybe I missed it..

Did you use the r12 or stay with stock Freon?

Ya my tuner said same thing get the Australian setup.. but 950 for the race setup and HE bypass is to hard to pass on.

I wish you would of posted pics of the relocation of trunk modules Im sure its easy just wanted to see..

Also I thought the race kit the condenser or whatever they call it is like 18 inches..

thanks.
My zl1 takes the new 1234yf but it is compatible with 134A so I used the 134a because it's way cheaper and gets cooler. R12 doesn't not work with the 1234yf factory setup. When I say race mode I mean shutting off cabin air. I have the standard 9" model. I know Joe at killerchiller makes an 18" model but I wasn't sure it would fit where I wanted it it. Also note that all my temp reading are with the Heat exchanger bypassed. I only left it on for an emergency if the AC ever failed. There are instructions posted on killerchillers website for the Camaro that was made by a customer but I did not use those instructions because I used a cabin off valve(race mode) and he exchanger valve that the instructions didn't have. He also used a elderbrocm supercharger so hose routing was different and lastly I didn't want to mount the chiller where he mounted it,I wanted to hide it behind the bumper.
Dan82679 is offline   Reply With Quote