View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 07:13 PM   #29
Hollard
Space_Ghost

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2ss
Send a message via Skype™ to Hollard
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
Ok, Hollard. It finally dried out enough for me to get back to logging. I started at 12% alcohol and started working my way up. Everything was looking good, the low side held in the mid '70's, high side around 2800- 2900 to around 6800rpm or 145mph in 4th gear.
When I logged at 42.7% alcohol, I got a VEL with our usual two little friends, P069E and P0231. I'm not sure why I got the CEL, the low side stayed right around 70, highside 28 -2900. At 137mph/6378rpm in 4th the lopsided dropped briefly to 59, highside was 2,886. The low side quickly rebounded and I finished the run at 146/6,824, 67/2890. I don't feel the CEL's were justified at these numbers! I should also mention that the injector pulse width is good, max value just a hare over 5ms.
I'm going to send the log to Ted, and also do another pull around 60%e. Stay tuned for the results.
I'm surprised the codes came up again while you were at 42.7% of ethanol. I would say once Ted takes a look at your log, he may revise your tune and that should do the trick.

The 1st time I was getting those codes, Ted took a look at my log, did a revised tune for me and told me to try and that I might have to reduce down to e45. I had uploaded the tune, drove off to mix the current blend in my tank down, but while drive I was like, "Heck, let me see what it does with the current blend at 54. I did long pulls twice and had no issues. From there, I assumed I was good for continuing with using up to e60. But my stubbornness had me wrong.

As of now, I've still had no issues while at e45. I'm almost down to 3 gal. left in the tank; I may try to see if I can go up to e50 though.

2017 Camaro 2ss M6
performance mods: Whipple 2.9; LT4 fuel system; 2" Kooks Longtube Headers w/ Green Cats; RotoFab Big Gulp series CAI; GPI forged pistons & rods; BTR stage 3 camshaft; DSX Flex Fuel Sensor; JMS Voltage Booster; JRE tune
Hollard is offline   Reply With Quote