View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 08:44 PM   #5
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
I love your write up on Raceseng's weighted shifters, it was reading this thread that got me to go ahead and pull the trigger on one for my car, I was heavily debating between the Ashiko and Prolix, since those are the heavier ones they offer, I wanted the Ashiko for being the heaviest but I didn't want my snifter sitting shorter than stock, I like having my travel distance from steering wheel to shifter shorter than having the feeling of a shorter throw at the expense of reaching farther for my shifter...

So i went with the Prolix in Red Translucent, should be arriving via UPS today, I'm excited to give it a go I can't stand the notchiness from first to second gear, so I look forward to that being diminished.

EDIT:

I AM IN LOVE! The red translucent finish is beautiful, i cant wait to install it soon as i'm off work
Thanks for the comps!

At first I was going to get the Red Translucent, but then nothing is really red in my interior, and since I do have some white threading I went with white.
That is one nice knob, and also almost purchased that style since it's round, unlike the Ashiko, it does have a tapered edge to it...but I love the weight!
That knob almost looks like it has a light in it, especially when you twirl it!
Be easy on the adapter at the last step when mounting the knob onto the adapter.
Happy Driving!